Professional Writing Services
Hello! My name is Allison Webster and I’ve been a professional writer and content expert since 2007. I have experience in both print and digital media – with a focus on digital content creation.
Education and early life
I graduated from the Professional Writing program from York University in Toronto, Ontario. I learned so much in my four years at York and knew that I wanted to use my degree and work in this field that I am so passionate about. I’ve always been an avid reader and have loved art since I was a child – sparking my creative side early on.
I began my career on the local level, interning then working as an Editorial Assistant for a community magazine. After this, I quickly shifted focus to digital content as a response to the changing world. In addition to years of freelance experience, I worked for over five years at Metroland Media/TorStar, as the Creative Writer and Content Coordinator. In this role I blogged, wrote advertorial articles and helped shape the company’s Content Marketing Program. It was here that I realized the significance of having clear focused SEO-friendly written content online. Not only does this content drive traffic to websites and social media platforms, but it needs to be engaging, educational and entertaining to keep people interested in what you do. This is how you stand out as a company.
What I can do for you
I offer my clients professional written content that will enhance your digital space. My content is highly researched, creative and developed with your business in mind.
My services include, but are not limited to:
- Website content
- Social media posts
- Press releases
I am a Burlington, Ontario-based writer, but can work for clients from across the country. Details can be discussed by phone, email or video chat.
StarFish Learning Inc. is a learning and development company. We design, develop materials and deliver workshops for large and medium size organizations. Allison Webster has been a trusted associate for many projects over the past seven years. The nature of the work has included research, writing, editing and proof reading. Her attention to detail, ability to meet short deadlines and focus on quality is second to none. It’s a pleasure to work with Allison as we can always count on her to deliver great work on time and on budget. I would not hesitate to recommend Allison to anyone looking for a great resource. – Joanne Shields, Principal, StarFish Learning Inc.
Allison is a very talented technical writer. We have used Allison on several occasions and will continue to do so. Her ability to take a detailed, highly technical description of machine learning algorithms and turn them into digestible and accurate blog posts is exceptional. The work she has done for XORGate Solutions continues to be accessed by current and potential customers and the feedback we receive is always very positive. If you are trying to express a complex concept in a digestible piece of prose, Allison is your best choice. – Steve Keech and Linda Lankester, XORGate Solutions
Current and past clients
- Ted Bober – Director, Clinical Services, Physician Health Program at Ontario Medical Association – I proofed his documents for grammar, spelling and style
- Blossoms Flower Shop – Burlington, Ontario – I managed the flower shop’s social media accounts
- TwinBytes – Markham, Ontario – I write professional, SEO-friendly blogs
- Chapel Ridge Funeral Home and Cremation Centre – Markham, Ontario – I wrote two blogs a month on a variety of industry-specific topics
- Lisa Kearns – Ward 2 Councillor, Burlington, Ontario – Consulted with Councillor Kearns on communications
- XORGate Solutions Inc. – Burlington, Ontario – Helped write several pieces on technical software in plain language
- StarFish Learning Inc. – Burlington, Ontario – Helped with their website and consulted with the team on various projects
- Satori Consulting Inc. – Burlington, Ontario – I write regular blogs on industry-related topics
- Guided North – Luxury bespoke travel company offering trips across the country – I wrote blogs promoting the company’s specific trips and destinations
- TravelAlerts – Toronto, Ontario – I write weekly blogs, source stock images and compile news stories for a weekly recap post
- Metroland Digital – Hamilton, Ontario – I write web content and content marketing articles on a variety of topics
- Burlington Terry Fox Run Committee – I volunteer with the committee and run their blog where I interview people, write stories and delegate tasks to others
- Stylo Hair Salon – Burlington, Ontario – I manage the salon’s social media accounts to streamline their online presence and increase business
- Staff Shop – North America and the Caribbean – I work with the CEO and COO of this hospitality and event staffing agency to create monthly blogs that reflect the voice and values of this female-led company
- Bad Company Wildlife Eviction Services – Dundas, Ontario – I reworked the text on this client’s website that was in need of a refresh.
- Well Beings Performance – Burlington, Ontario – I designed the company logo and polished their website text ahead of it’s launch.